Becky Wade is a professional long-distance runner and published author living in Boulder, Colorado. A graduate of Rice University in Houston, Texas, she is a U.S. Junior National Champion, a four-time NCAA Division I All-American, and a three-time Olympic Trials participant. As one of 40 recipients of the Thomas J. Watson Fellowship, Becky spent her first year out of college traveling solo to over 20 countries and researching the running culture in each one. Soon after returning to the U.S., she won her debut marathon, the 2013 California International Marathon, and then signed her first professional contract. In 2016, she published a book about her fellowship year called Run the World: My 3,500-Mile Journey Through Running Cultures Around the Globe (HarperCollins).
Running resume highlights:
- 3-time US Olympic Trials participant (3K Steeplechase, 2012; Marathon, 2016; 3K Steeplechase, 2016) + qualifier for 2020 Olympic Marathon Trials
- Member of Team USA for the 2018 IAAF World Half Marathon Championship
- U.S. Junior National Champion (3K Steeplechase, 2008)
- Winner of debut marathon (2013 California International Marathon) in a time of 2:30
- 3rd place and top American in the 2017 Houston Marathon
- 4-time All-American at Rice University
Sample Block Quote
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis.
Sample Paragraph Text
Praesent vestibulum congue tellus at fringilla. Curabitur vitae semper sem, eu convallis est. Cras felis nunc commodo eu convallis vitae interdum non nisl. Maecenas ac est sit amet augue pharetra convallis nec danos dui. Cras suscipit quam et turpis eleifend vitae malesuada magna congue. Damus id ullamcorper neque. Sed vitae mi a mi pretium aliquet ac sed elitos. Pellentesque nulla eros accumsan quis justo at tincidunt lobortis deli denimes, suspendisse vestibulum lectus in lectus volutpate.